Partnership with California State University, Bakersfield
Legal Information & Support Clinic Externship Program
The Kern County Law Library’s mission statement is to provide and maintain access to legal information resources for the legal community and residents of Kern County.
When residents of Kern County complete their education and begin work as members of the legal community, all too often, they relocate to other parts of the state.
A program has been created at Cal. State University, Bakersfield to introduce the future lawyers of Kern to key components in our county’s legal system, and hopefully inspire them to become permanent fixtures of Kern’s legal community.
Pre-Law students at Cal State are working as externs to perform supervised work in the District Attorney’s Office, Public Defender’s Office, private law firms, and the Kern County Law Library.
This page is devoted to highlighting the work of the externs who have worked at Kern County Law Library, where we hope to see them return as local practitioners after they are sworn in as members of the California State Bar.
Fall Term, 2021 – Jagr Alindajao
Mr. Alindajao is a student of History at CSUB, and was selected to be part of the first of what we hope will be many succesful semesters of externships.
Mr. Alindajao assisted the Kern County Law Library in numerous ways during his term, including, but not limited to:
• Participating in revising the Kern County Law Library’s web content
• Researching a host of subjects in order to provide self-represented litigants accessible information for common topics
• Updating the print collection at Kern County Law Library
• Updating out-of-date forms in form packets used by members of the public
• Fielding customer inquiries via telephone and email, as well as during in-person appointments
• Retrieving updated information to assist residents of Kern County in branch locations
Get In touch
For more information
Phone & Email Assistance
Monday - Thursday:
1415 Truxtun Ave, Rm. 301 Bakersfield, CA 93301
Including library services & resources availble for use.
Information & Guidance
For example, which forms to complete and how to file them.