Self Help

Small Claims

Small Claims are civil suits for $10,000.00 or less.  Attorneys are generally not allowed in small claims court – you will represent yourself.

Before you go any further, you should visit the California Courts Self-Help Website for an overview on the Small Claims process.

For many Small Claims cases, you will only need to fill out and file form SC-100 to initiate your case.  Please review the information in the link above to confirm this is true of your case – your case may require more forms.

If your case involves multiple parties, or if you have any remaining questions about how to proceed with your Small Claims case, you should contact the Small Claims Advisor at (661) 868-2532, or via email at

You may also want to review the Small Claims Binder prepared by the Small Claims Advisor pending your first contact.

Get In touch

More Information


Monday - Thursday:

Location and Phone

1415 Truxtun Ave, Rm. 301 Bakersfield, CA 93301 (661) 868-5320

Available Services

Including library services & resources availble for use

Information and Guidance

For example, which forms to complete and how to file them.